Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christmas Time's A-Comin!

My friend, Beth, had a craft night and helped us make Christmas organizers. I couldn't think it out that night, but I'm using it for all kinds of stuff!


I have tabs for gifts, elf, and special events so far. 


I have a page for each kid separated by ideas and things I've bought. I also do the want, read, wear, read rule but also add a toy. I also have a Santa page so I can keep track of what the Big Guy tells me he's bringing. I have a page for stocking, the people we have in my family's drawing, my husband's side, and others for people like teachers, friends, etc. Hopefully I won't miss anyone!


This is part of my Elf section. I keep track of Ulysses antics. It got crazy last year. I have a calendar just for him, an idea bank, and a weekly list including shopping section. If he wants to fish in the toilet, you can't be out of goldfish! Lesson learned the hard way. This year Ulysses has agreed to only do really crazy stuff once or twice a week. 


In my special events I've been attaching things I might like to do or see. I've got a TV guide so I can record the classics for my kiddos, a list of local events, and a few notes on traditions I don't want to forget...like the hubs and my annual Christmas Eve nacho fest.


Last I've been keeping all those coupons and labels you get this time if year. I have shutterfly and tiny prints in case I use them for Christmas cards. A few Kroger random coupons and other stores offering sales. We also get labels so I'm holding those in there so I don't lose them. And eventually I will use the other envelope for receipts! 

It's crazy how useful this is! Get yourself one...do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment