Monday, February 13, 2012

Worst Craft Ever!

So I saw a cute craft that made little rocks that were supposed to be fun to make and smash. To make them you dipped cotton balls into a flour and water mixture. Once covered you baked them for 40 mins. Then removed from the cookie sheet and had fun playing with them.

Here's the problem...the flour mixture left Lia crying the second it touched her hand. She continued to cry until I finished and put them in the oven. But that is most likely just a Lia reaction...not every kid would react that way. It could be messy fun.

The real issue is that they stuck to the pan! I had to soak the pan in hot water to get them off, thus ruining the crust. Pulling cotton off of a cookie sheet is the worst feeling and sound. Yuck! Not to mention a waste and serious mess. I also got a shard to the crust under my fingernail which hurts like crazy.

Here are some shots of this craft, rated two thumbs down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment