Friday, June 10, 2011

Oy Vey

Just a few days ago my sweet hubby took a swim with his iphone. Bad for him, great for me because I got to update my phone while we were at it. All turned out fine because we had a warranty. Whew. Fast forward to today, when I went searching for my phone. Imagine my horror at seeing it sitting out on the deck railing, after a rain!! It works, except for the phone use. I can only hear on speaker phone. It is currently sitting in a bag of rice in hopes that I can rescue it. Once again, a no picture post. :( As David said, I guess we just can't have nice things.

I am also working on a baby sweater that is giving me fits. No matter how I try, I can't seem to pick up the 7 additional stitches the pattern says to pick up. It is once again on hold until I can seek the advice of an expert...most likely my mom. It will really crush me if I need to frog the entire body portion. I already have knitted the sleeves 2 times!

So as I've put aside my sweater for now...I'm branching out into new territory. Double pointed needles. It is a crazy experience. You have three needles crossed in a triangle formation and use a fourth needle to knit. I feel like I'll end up poking out my eye with all those pointy things. I am gaining a little faith in myself. If I can make this work, I will end up with Shaun the Sheep. Trust me, he's cute.

Not cuter than my daughter.

No way.

Even though I have my first non-family-babysitter on Saturday so I can go to the movies.

I might have a meltdown.

I might call the house a million times.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment