Sunday, May 1, 2011

Project 1: Done

I have been carefully working for about two weeks minus a couple days on this shawl. Granted I didn't knit on it everyday. It is for a special friend of mine going through an incredibly difficult time in her life. It is called a "hug to keep" in the knitting with Debbie Macomber shawl book. That's not it's official title, but it's the general idea. If you are really interested post me a comment and I'll dig up the pattern to tell you the official name. Anyway here's the back of it as modeled by Lia's high chair...



This is the front view...


This is it all stretched out along the back of the couch. I'm holding the camera crooked...our picture on the wall isn't crooked!


I really love how the edges have the ruffled looking seed stitch and the middle is stockinette. I also like that the back looks entirely like seed stitch so you can wear it either way! I gotta be honest I was pleasantly surprised by the striping effect of the yarn. I thought it was going to be more variegated. All in all I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, how the pattern was, and that Lia didn't unravel it this morning since I left it on the coffee table last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment