Monday, August 1, 2011

No Poo Experiment

This unflattering picture is brought to you by the no poo (and apparently no makeup) experiment. This is day one...I'll explain below.

No poo has absolutely nothing to do with your bowels...it has to do with your hair. Rather shampooing your hair. I'm going to the no poo revolution that is found on lots and lots of random blogs I've found. It involves skipping shampoo for a baking soda and water paste. You can then use apple cider vinegar as a conditioner. I've heard great results for those with thick, and/or curly wavy hair. I'm trying it. There are lots of warnings about a two week "greasy" period where your scalp gets used to making a 'normal' amount of oil instead of extra oil that is stripped away by shampoo. Again, this is all paraphrasing from lots of blogs.

So without further ado...

Day 1 Observations: I used probably more baking soda paste than necessary. I missed pouring some of the vinegar solution on my head but got most of it on. My hair feels and looks like it typically does after a shampoo/condition. It's still flat because I've been rockin the ponytail for several days due to this heat. Doesn't smell like vinegar...which I thought it would despite reading it wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment